The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) is a global network of communication professionals committed to improving organizational effectiveness through strategic communication. Established in 1970, IABC serves more than 16,000 members in over 70 countries and 100 chapters.
IABC members practice the disciplines of corporate communication, public relations, employee communication, marketing communication, media relations, community relations, public affairs, investor relations and government relations.
IABC’s Offerings Include
- IABC Research Foundation – Original research studies and reports that bridge the divide between communication theory and practice.
- Communication World – An award-winning print magazine covering current trends and best practices.
- Knowledge Centre – Online content library with resources including books, manuals, case studies and more.
- MemberSearch – Searchable electronic member database.
- The IABC eXchange – Online tool that connects the popular WordPress blogging platform with more than 16,000 IABC members.
- The IABC Marketplace – A searchable database of communication consultants, developed to help connect businesses with the communication services they need.
- World Conference – An annual opportunity for professional development and networking.
- MyComm – An online communication-planning tool developed by Cisco Systems.
- Accreditation – IABC’s professional designation program recognizing communicators who have reached a globally accepted standard of knowledge and proficiency.
- Gold Quill Awards – The prestigious awards program recognizing communication excellence.
- Job Centre – Career resource for the communication profession, serving both job seekers and employers.