This was the first full day of the conference. I looked forward to a full day of sessions. Today’s highlights included:
- An inspirational start to the day through the words, examples and contagious enthusiasm shared with us by Brian Dunn of Best Buy – IABC’s Excel Award Winner. Why aren’t there more like him? and more companies demonstrating innovation in communications
- Hearing that cheaper iphones and apple computers are on their way (the Moscone Center is just across the street)
- Meeting Sue Horner in person, for the first time, and seeing some old Toronto friends
- Learning that, even given our behavioural differences, there are enough common wants to build upon when creating generation specific communications
- Learning tips and tools to help dispel the fears that CEOs have around social media
- A big glass of buttery Cali chardonnay
- Finding time for a long chat with Chris
- Capturing some great photos
- Having so many people contribute to the outtathegate conversation today – collaboration rocks!
- Finding great Thai takeout for dinner
- Creating three blog posts
- Getting to bed before midnight
- …ahh…day two is done, bring on day three!